I saw this list a few years ago, and it stuck with me so I saved it. I’ve come across many people on facebook with the “25 Things” list, and immediately I thought of this, so I decided to post it. I’ll throw my own 25 Things list on here later.1. Give advice that matters in one sentence.
2. Tell if someone is lying. 3. Take a photo. Fill the frame.
4. Score a baseball game.
5. Name a book that matters.
6. Know at least one musical group as well as is possible.
7. Cook meat somewhere other than the grill. 8. Not monopolize the conversation. 9. Write a letter. 10. Buy a nice suit. 11. Swim three different strokes. 12. Show respect without being a suck-up. 13. Throw a punch. 14. Chop down a tree. 15. Calculate square footage 16. Tie a bow tie. 17. Make one drink, in large batches, very well. 18. Speak a foreign language. 19. Approach a woman out of his league. 20. Sew a button. 21. Argue with a European without getting xenophobic or insulting soccer. 22. Give a woman an orgasm so that he doesn’t have to ask after it. 23. Be loyal. 24. Know your drink, without standing there, pondering like a dope. 25. Drive an eightpenny nail into a treated two-by-four without thinking about it. 26. Cast a fishing rod without shrieking or sighing or otherwise admitting defeat. 27. Play gin with an old guy. 28. Play go fish with a kid. 29. Understand quantum physics well enough that he can accept that a quarter might, at some point, pass straightthrough the table when dropped. 30. Feign interest. Good place to start: quantum physics. 31. Make a bed.
32. Describe a glass of wine in one sentence without using the terms nutty, fruity, oaky, finish, or kick.
33. Throw a bullseye in darts, while actually aiming for it. 34. Dress a wound. 35. Jump-start a car (without any drama). Change a flat tire (safely). Change the oil (once). 36. Make three different bets at a craps table. 37. Shuffle a deck of cards. Make the bridge, then break it.
38. Tell a good joke. The kind where you get someone to cry because they are laughing so hard.
39. Know when to split his cards in blackjack.
40. Speak to an eight-year-old so he will hear.
41. Speak to a waiter so he will hear.
42. Talk to a dog so it will hear.
43. Install: a disposal, an electronic thermostat, or a lighting fixture without asking for help.
44. Ask for help.
45. Break another man’s grip on his wrist. 46. Tell a woman’s dress size. 47. Recite one poem from memory. 48. Remove a stain. 49. Say no. 50. Fry an egg sunny-side up. 51. Build a campfire 52. Step into a job no one wants to do. 53. Sometimes, kick some ass. 54. Break up a fight. 55. Point to the north at any time. 56. Create a play-list in which ten seemingly random songs provide a secret message to one person. 57. Explain what a light-year is. 58. Avoid boredom. 59. Write a thank-you note. 60. Be brand loyal to at least one product. 61. Cook bacon. 62. Hold a baby. 63. Deliver a eulogy. 64. Know that Christopher Columbus was a son of a bitch. 65-67. Throw a baseball over-hand with some snap. Throw a football with a tight spiral. Shoot a 12-foot jump shot reliably. 68. Find his way out of the woods if lost. 69. Tie a knot. 70. Have a firm hand shake. 71. Iron a shirt. 72. Stock an emergency bag for the car. 73. Caress a woman’s neck. 74. Know some birds. 75. Negotiate a better price.