1. GETS YOU PUMPED?
Anything by Girl Talk – The dude knows how to get you dancing, moving, excited, whatever. 40 straight minutes of it.
2. MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Weird Al – Amish Paradise – How this song ever made it on “Jammin’ 92.3’s 9 at 9” will always befuddle me.
3. MAKES YOU HAPPY?
The Rolling Stones – Beast of Burden – Always loved this song, ever since I first heard the stones.
4. MAKES YOU SAD?
Counting Crows – Colorblind – I heard this while watching Cruel Intentions and it just stuck with me.
5. MAKES YOU GO, “SERIOUSLY?”
Rufus Wainwright – Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk – Two things I would never put together for a song, let alone in real life.
6. DID YOU HAVE AS OR WANT AS YOUR WEDDING SONG?
Percy Sledge – When A Man Loves A Woman – For the sole reason that it was the first song that Winnie Cooper and Kevin Arnold kissed to in the pilot episode of The Wonder Years.
7. DO YOU WANT PLAYING AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Elton John – Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters – It’s the song that plays in the background of Almost Famous when Kate Hudson’s character overdoses on the pills.
8. WAS PLAYING DURING A SIGNIFICANT MEMORY?
Outkast – Hey Ya! – The first song I remember playing while DJing. It was at 18 S. Congress, winter quarter of my freshman year. I had on a black hat at the time.
9. WOULD YOU DEDICATE TO YOUR EX?
Cake – The Distance
10. IS A TOTAL GUILTY PLEASURE THAT YOU WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE (EXCEPT EVEYRONE ON FACEBOOK)?
No shame in my music collection… I used to listen to Norah Jones while doing homework?
11. WAS YOUR FIRST FAVORITE REAL SONG?
Janis Joplin – Maybe – No idea why, but for a long time, I’ve always dug this song. I think it’s because of the passion behind her voice. For a hippie, she’s got conviction.
12. DO YOU ALWAYS PUT ON THE JUKEBOX
While working at the Junction, I had a select list of songs that I would play…
1. Rolling Stones – Beast of Burden
2. Afroman – Palmdale
3. Eddie Money – Two Tickets To Paradise
13. WAS THE FIRST ONE YOU HEARD IN CONCERT?
I saw 3rd Eye Blind open for the Goo Good Dolls with my sister, that’s really the only concert that sticks out in my mind, but I can’t remember specifically what the first song was.
14. WAS THE LAST SONG YOU HEARD?
Donavon Frankenreiter – Pass It Around
15. WOULD YOU PICK TO BE THE ONLY SONG YOU COULD HEAR FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
Oh god, I have no idea. That’s way too hard a question. I’m sure I could put together a small playlist, but one song….not a clue.